Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gimme S'More!


Once, during a brainstorming fit, I came up with a whole bunch of "genius!" ideas for cupcakes. Some really were delicious-sounding (chai tea cupcake with a creamy-gingery frosting), though I came to realize that none of them were particularly groundbreaking.

The one that made me salivate the most was an idea for a s'mores cupcake featuring a rich chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow-y topping and some kind of buttery graham cracker crumbly thing sprinkled generously on top.

Of course, I'm not the first person to come up with a s'mores cupcake. So, I feel a little less special than I did before, but at the same time, it's so awesome to see the seemingly endless cupcake variations of this campfire classic. To see a whole roundup of s'mores cupcake recipes from the web, check out this list from the lovely ladies who edit Cupcakes Take the Cake.

The most recent s'mores cupcake I came across is this one (pictured), currently offered on Fridays at Boston's Kick*ss Cupcakes. The flavor description reads: "graham cracker cupcake with chocolate ganache and a toasted vanilla bean marshmallow."

Um... yum!?!

Interestingly, this same bakery is apparently holding a competition in October to find new cupcake ideas. Clearly I can't submit my s'mores idea, but there are plenty of others where that came from! I just might want to Google the ideas before submitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment